Miss Cromer 2019 and attendants chosen ahead of carnival’s 50th anniversary
- Credit: Andreas Yiasimi
Four young women from north Norfolk have been chosen to be part of the Cromer carnival royal party.
The winner of the 2019 Miss Cromer was Jessica Foster, and the role of senior attendant was won by Izzy Claxton, both from Cromer.
While the junior attendant winners were Chloe Showers and Leah Banning, also both from Cromer.
Carnival committee chairman Tony Shipp said: 'We had 13 entrants in total, with 10 in the senior category.
'The judges really gave the candidates the chance to deliver themselves well.'
You may also want to watch:
The judging took place at the Cliftonville Hotel, Cromer, on Friday, April 26, from 6pm.
And the rest of the royal party for this summer's 50th anniversary carnival will be chosen on Sunday, April 28, at 3pm, with the competition to find a carnival prince and princess.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 5 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
Mr Shipp added: 'This will be held on Cromer Pier forecourt, but will move to Marlene's School Of Dancing, if the weather is inclement.'