Gala event returns to Poppy Line
- Credit: Steve Allen
Heritage railway fans are invited to the return of a popular event which is being run for the first time in two years.
The North Norfolk Railway's mini-gala will take place on Saturday, October 9, following last year's Covid cancellation.
The gala will feature the steam locomotives The Royal Norfolk Regiment and the Black Prince and the recently restored diesel loco D5631.
People will be able to travel on the iconic B12 locomotive 8572 on one of its final days of service before it is withdrawn for an overhaul.
Visitors will also be able to climb aboard unique 1920s teak bodied Quad-Art coaches, designed by Sir Nigel Gresley.
You may also want to watch:
Trains will depart roughly every 30 minutes with the first services leaving Sheringham at 10am and Holt at 10.35am.
A spokesman said: "The event is designed as a big thank you to supporters of the Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway Society and the North Norfolk Railway, but visitors who are neither members nor shareholders are very welcome to travel and enjoy the extra activities on this day."
- 1 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 4 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 5 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 6 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 10 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop