Merry Kissmas: Cromer supermarket gets shoppers in the mood for Christmas
- Credit: MORRISONS
Morrisons is giving away free mistletoe after a quarter of Brits said all they want for Christmas this year is a kiss from a loved one.
A supermarket in Cromer is getting shoppers in the mood for Christmas with a free festive giveaway.
Morrisons, on the town's Holt Road, is giving away free mistletoe after a quarter of Brits said all they want for Christmas this year is a kiss from a loved one.
The giant mistletoe giveaway was launched by the supermarket after research revealed the tradition of puckering up under the plant was at risk of dying out with 71 per cent of under 35s admitting they had never experienced a kiss under the mistletoe.
Tony Gee, store manager at Morrisons Cromer, said: 'Kissing under the mistletoe is one of the oldest Christmas traditions and we want to do our bit to keep it alive.
'The mistletoe giveaway was extremely popular last year so we hope to get even more customers kissing this Christmas. And you never know, true love could just be an aisle away!'
The mistletoe giveaway is the latest traditional Christmas initiative from Morrisons after the supermarket put carols back on the in-store playlist after 15 years, last week.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 4 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 5 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 6 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 7 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Norwich woman writes a "truthful and heartbreaking" film about abuse
- 10 £500,000 public toilet plan gets green light
A previous mistletoe giveaway at Morrisons got 100,000 customers kissing and the supermarket hopes to better that number this year.