Merry Kissmas: Cromer supermarket gets shoppers in the mood for Christmas
- Credit: MORRISONS
Morrisons is giving away free mistletoe after a quarter of Brits said all they want for Christmas this year is a kiss from a loved one.
A supermarket in Cromer is getting shoppers in the mood for Christmas with a free festive giveaway.
Morrisons, on the town's Holt Road, is giving away free mistletoe after a quarter of Brits said all they want for Christmas this year is a kiss from a loved one.
The giant mistletoe giveaway was launched by the supermarket after research revealed the tradition of puckering up under the plant was at risk of dying out with 71 per cent of under 35s admitting they had never experienced a kiss under the mistletoe.
Tony Gee, store manager at Morrisons Cromer, said: 'Kissing under the mistletoe is one of the oldest Christmas traditions and we want to do our bit to keep it alive.
You may also want to watch:
'The mistletoe giveaway was extremely popular last year so we hope to get even more customers kissing this Christmas. And you never know, true love could just be an aisle away!'
The mistletoe giveaway is the latest traditional Christmas initiative from Morrisons after the supermarket put carols back on the in-store playlist after 15 years, last week.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 9 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
A previous mistletoe giveaway at Morrisons got 100,000 customers kissing and the supermarket hopes to better that number this year.