Merry Kissmas: Cromer supermarket gets shoppers in the mood for Christmas
- Credit: MORRISONS
Morrisons is giving away free mistletoe after a quarter of Brits said all they want for Christmas this year is a kiss from a loved one.
A supermarket in Cromer is getting shoppers in the mood for Christmas with a free festive giveaway.
Morrisons, on the town's Holt Road, is giving away free mistletoe after a quarter of Brits said all they want for Christmas this year is a kiss from a loved one.
The giant mistletoe giveaway was launched by the supermarket after research revealed the tradition of puckering up under the plant was at risk of dying out with 71 per cent of under 35s admitting they had never experienced a kiss under the mistletoe.
Tony Gee, store manager at Morrisons Cromer, said: 'Kissing under the mistletoe is one of the oldest Christmas traditions and we want to do our bit to keep it alive.
'The mistletoe giveaway was extremely popular last year so we hope to get even more customers kissing this Christmas. And you never know, true love could just be an aisle away!'
The mistletoe giveaway is the latest traditional Christmas initiative from Morrisons after the supermarket put carols back on the in-store playlist after 15 years, last week.
- 1 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 4 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 5 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 6 Business park plan could bring 14 new jobs to North Walsham
- 7 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 8 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 9 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 10 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
A previous mistletoe giveaway at Morrisons got 100,000 customers kissing and the supermarket hopes to better that number this year.