Holt fish and chip shop owner thanks customers for marathon donations
- Credit: Submitted by Martin Garrard
The owner of a north Norfolk fish and chip shop has thanked his customers for their help in raising thousands for a mental health charity.
Martin Garrard, who owns Holt Fish Bar with his wife Amanda, ran the Brighton Marathon on April 14.
The 40-year-old, from Aylsham, ran the 26-mile distance in four hours and 21 minutes - an hour and 11 minutes faster than his time the previous year.
Mr Garrard, a father-of-two, ran for Mind and raised more than £4,000, with many of his donations from customers.
He said: "A massive thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who supported me, ran with me in training and especially to those who sponsored me.
You may also want to watch:
"Your donations, well wishes and stories you told me regarding mental health inspired me like you wouldn't believe to get me through it.
"The thing that struck me was the amount of people who told me about their struggles - very inspiring."
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 10 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death