Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- Credit: Richard Batson / SLT
A stately home will host a classical music concert this summer in honour of its arts-loving owner who died earlier this year.
On July 17, Mannington Hall, in North Norfolk, will welcome the English Chamber Orchestra for an evening of music staged by Sheringham Little Theatre.
The event is being held in honour of the hall's former owner Lord Walpole who was a great supporter of the arts and president of Sheringham Little Theatre for nearly 50 years.
The concert programme, directed by violinist Stephanie Gonley will feature symphonies by Mozart and Chevalier de Saint-Georges together with Mozart’s Violin Concerto No 4 and Coleridge-Taylor’s Four Novelletten for String Orchestra.
The concert will take place on Saturday, July 17 from 7pm, the gardens will open from 6pm to enable people to bring and enjoy picnics before the performance begins.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £16, with under 16s free and are available from www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com
- 1 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 2 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 5 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 6 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 10 Is this the ultimate Norfolk road trip?