Lucky escape after driver crashes into tree off country road
- Credit: Archant
A driver had a lucky escape after his vehicle left the country road he was travelling on and collided with a tree.
A man in his 50s was treated by an ambulance crew after the blue Vauxhall Astra he was driving hit a tree just after 7am today (Friday, January 19) on the B1149 Norwich Road between the village of Edgefield and Holt.
Police also attended the single-vehicle crash, after being called out at 7.22am.
A spokesman from the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'We were called at 7.22 am today (January 19) to a road traffic collision on Norwich Road, Edgefield.
'An ambulance attended and treated the patient, a man in his 50s, at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
'The patient did not require transfer to hospital.'
Police reported the road had been cleared by 9.36am.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck