Lucky escape after driver crashes into tree off country road
- Credit: Archant
A driver had a lucky escape after his vehicle left the country road he was travelling on and collided with a tree.
A man in his 50s was treated by an ambulance crew after the blue Vauxhall Astra he was driving hit a tree just after 7am today (Friday, January 19) on the B1149 Norwich Road between the village of Edgefield and Holt.
Police also attended the single-vehicle crash, after being called out at 7.22am.
A spokesman from the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'We were called at 7.22 am today (January 19) to a road traffic collision on Norwich Road, Edgefield.
'An ambulance attended and treated the patient, a man in his 50s, at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
'The patient did not require transfer to hospital.'
Police reported the road had been cleared by 9.36am.
- 1 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 2 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 3 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 4 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 Parents urged to talk to their children about vandalism at skate park
- 7 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 8 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 9 Covid memorial to be created - but it will disappear after four hours
- 10 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk