Despite losing his dentures next to a Dalek, Percy Podger came away from Sixties Festival with a smile
- Credit: Archant
What an exceptional weekend my wife, Patricia, and I had in beautiful Cromer.
The Sixties Festival was joyful, and many a photograph we snapped in the glorious sunshine.
Unfortunately, there was a slight downside to our visit, which occurred when the lifeboat was launched just after 11am.
After capturing my wife next to the Dalek, I dashed to the edge of the pier to snap away when all of a sudden, after a great surge of excitement, out flew my false teeth down into the North Sea!
It was still a jubilant stay, although it shall cost me more than I had hoped! But let this be a warning to those who become excited whilst wearing dentures!
Nonetheless moments like this home themselves in one's memory forever and I'm sure it'll raise a few giggles.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you Cromer for a fabulous time. We look forward to our next visit.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 5 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 9 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
-Have you had an experience that can match up to Mr Podger's? Share it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org