Despite losing his dentures next to a Dalek, Percy Podger came away from Sixties Festival with a smile
- Credit: Archant
What an exceptional weekend my wife, Patricia, and I had in beautiful Cromer.
The Sixties Festival was joyful, and many a photograph we snapped in the glorious sunshine.
Unfortunately, there was a slight downside to our visit, which occurred when the lifeboat was launched just after 11am.
After capturing my wife next to the Dalek, I dashed to the edge of the pier to snap away when all of a sudden, after a great surge of excitement, out flew my false teeth down into the North Sea!
It was still a jubilant stay, although it shall cost me more than I had hoped! But let this be a warning to those who become excited whilst wearing dentures!
Nonetheless moments like this home themselves in one's memory forever and I'm sure it'll raise a few giggles.
You may also want to watch:
Thank you Cromer for a fabulous time. We look forward to our next visit.
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
-Have you had an experience that can match up to Mr Podger's? Share it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org