Man fighting for life after being pulled from sea in Cromer
- Credit: Dave 'Hubba' Roberts
Casualty airlifted to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after being found unconscious.
A man is fighting for his life this evening (Thursday) after being pulled from the sea in Cromer unconscious.
Emergency services raced to the town's promenade after receiving a report of a casualty who had been in the water and was not breathing.
Two ambulance crews, a rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched.
They treated a man, believed to be in his 40s, who was in cardiac arrest in the shadow of the town's iconic pier.
Following treatment at the scene, they managed to resuscitate the patient who was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in a critical condition just after 9pm.
- 1 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture
- 2 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 3 'Wild Church' events to start on north Norfolk coast
- 4 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 5 School's 'shining light' ethos leads to fresh 'Good' grade
- 6 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 7 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 8 Broads homes plan branded 'absolute insanity' gets approval
- 9 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 10 30-year-old to take over as district council leader