Man fighting for life after being pulled from sea in Cromer
- Credit: Dave 'Hubba' Roberts
Casualty airlifted to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after being found unconscious.
A man is fighting for his life this evening (Thursday) after being pulled from the sea in Cromer unconscious.
Emergency services raced to the town's promenade after receiving a report of a casualty who had been in the water and was not breathing.
Two ambulance crews, a rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched.
They treated a man, believed to be in his 40s, who was in cardiac arrest in the shadow of the town's iconic pier.
You may also want to watch:
Following treatment at the scene, they managed to resuscitate the patient who was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in a critical condition just after 9pm.
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Trees planted as part of community project
- 6 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 7 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months