Man fighting for life after being pulled from sea in Cromer
- Credit: Dave 'Hubba' Roberts
Casualty airlifted to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after being found unconscious.
A man is fighting for his life this evening (Thursday) after being pulled from the sea in Cromer unconscious.
Emergency services raced to the town's promenade after receiving a report of a casualty who had been in the water and was not breathing.
Two ambulance crews, a rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance were dispatched.
They treated a man, believed to be in his 40s, who was in cardiac arrest in the shadow of the town's iconic pier.
You may also want to watch:
Following treatment at the scene, they managed to resuscitate the patient who was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital in a critical condition just after 9pm.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 7 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 8 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 9 Tribute shows planned in memory of Paul Eastwood
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck