Air ambulance called after elderly man falls backwards 15ft onto beach
- Credit: Archant
The air ambulance and Coastguard were called in after a man fell off a sea wall and hit the beach 15ft below.
The incident happened behind the Poacher's Pocket pub in Bacton at about 3pm yesterday.
Pete Revell, from the Coastguard's Bacton team, said the man received treatment at the scene before being flown to hospital. The man's condition is not yet known.
He said: 'We were called at approximately 3pm to an elderly gent who had fallen backwards off the wall behind the Poacher's Pocket. He received treatment, was transferred to the air ambulance and was then taken to the Norfolk and Norwich.'
Mr Revell said people should take extra care given how much sand had washed away recently. He said: 'At the moment there is a very big drop from the promenades on to the beaches, so if the public could please be aware of this and beware.'
- 1 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 2 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 3 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 4 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 5 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 6 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 7 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 8 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 9 Bird watchers set to flock to Norfolk quarry after rare bee-eaters spotted
- 10 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe