Air ambulance called after elderly man falls backwards 15ft onto beach
- Credit: Archant
The air ambulance and Coastguard were called in after a man fell off a sea wall and hit the beach 15ft below.
The incident happened behind the Poacher's Pocket pub in Bacton at about 3pm yesterday.
Pete Revell, from the Coastguard's Bacton team, said the man received treatment at the scene before being flown to hospital. The man's condition is not yet known.
He said: 'We were called at approximately 3pm to an elderly gent who had fallen backwards off the wall behind the Poacher's Pocket. He received treatment, was transferred to the air ambulance and was then taken to the Norfolk and Norwich.'
Mr Revell said people should take extra care given how much sand had washed away recently. He said: 'At the moment there is a very big drop from the promenades on to the beaches, so if the public could please be aware of this and beware.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder