Man charged with New Year’s Eve police assault
A man in his twenties has been charged with assaulting a police officer on New Year's Eve.
Police have charged a 24-year-old man with a public order offence and assaulting an emergency services worker following an incident in Holt, on Monday, December 31.
The man was being arrested in Mill Court kicked a police officer during the arrest.
The officer suffered minor injuries.
The man has been bailed to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court.
You may also want to watch:
In a tweet, North Norfolk Police stated: 'There's no excuse to assault emergency services workers.
'Expect to be prosecuted if you do.'
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder