Man charged with New Year’s Eve police assault
A man in his twenties has been charged with assaulting a police officer on New Year's Eve.
Police have charged a 24-year-old man with a public order offence and assaulting an emergency services worker following an incident in Holt, on Monday, December 31.
The man was being arrested in Mill Court kicked a police officer during the arrest.
The officer suffered minor injuries.
The man has been bailed to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court.
You may also want to watch:
In a tweet, North Norfolk Police stated: 'There's no excuse to assault emergency services workers.
'Expect to be prosecuted if you do.'
- 1 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 2 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 5 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Young cricketer sets sights on national success
- 8 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 9 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van