Man bailed after cannabis plants found at village house
- Credit: Archant
A man has been bailed after cannabis plants were found at a house in a Norfolk seaside village.
The man in his early 50s, who has not been named, was arrested after the plants were discovered in Coastline Village in Walcott.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: “The man arrested has since been bailed to appear on May 15 at Aylsham police investigation centre.”
Police were initially called to the property at about 10pm on Wednesday, April 22 following reports of a verbal altercation between a man and a neighbour.
On arrival, officers discovered a collection of cannabis plants and a man was arrested in connection with the incident on suspicion of malicious communications, resisting arrest and possession of Class B drugs.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Aylsham police investigation centre for questioning.
A resident said police spent the night at the property, and more officers arrived the next morning.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Norfolk man who threatened Labour MPs spared jail
- 4 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 5 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 6 Stunning photos show seal pups and their mothers amid plea to keep a distance
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 10 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two