Updated: Man attacked with golf club in early hours of New Year’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man was attacked with a golf club in the early hours of New Year's Day.
It happened in Happisburgh at about 4am, police said.
A spokesman said that a man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of assault and public order offences. He has been released pending further enquiries.
Police said an altercation occurred near the school on The Street.
The original call to the police came in from the Hill House Inn in the village, whose owner Clive Stockton said the incidents were not connected to his business.
A police spokesman said: 'A man was assaulted at about 4am on New Year's Day. He was attacked with a golf club. Medical attention was declined. Police are investigating.'
Anyone with information should call Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 7 New group's £3.3 million bid to take over Holt Hall
- 8 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers