Updated: Man attacked with golf club in early hours of New Year’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man was attacked with a golf club in the early hours of New Year's Day.
It happened in Happisburgh at about 4am, police said.
A spokesman said that a man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of assault and public order offences. He has been released pending further enquiries.
Police said an altercation occurred near the school on The Street.
The original call to the police came in from the Hill House Inn in the village, whose owner Clive Stockton said the incidents were not connected to his business.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'A man was assaulted at about 4am on New Year's Day. He was attacked with a golf club. Medical attention was declined. Police are investigating.'
Anyone with information should call Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 When 13-year-old Prince Philip visited Cromer following crab boat disaster
- 2 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 3 'How it should be' - Cromer abuzz as businesses reopen
- 4 £500 grant paves way for new swimmers
- 5 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 6 'We love the town sentimentally' - Holt opticians firm opens 10th store in lockdown
- 7 Police and community fridge to be discussed at Sheringham town meeting
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Seal trips braced for busy season ahead - but quiet first day after easing
- 10 North Walsham gym to re-open despite vaccinations continuing