Updated: Man attacked with golf club in early hours of New Year’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man was attacked with a golf club in the early hours of New Year's Day.
It happened in Happisburgh at about 4am, police said.
A spokesman said that a man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of assault and public order offences. He has been released pending further enquiries.
Police said an altercation occurred near the school on The Street.
The original call to the police came in from the Hill House Inn in the village, whose owner Clive Stockton said the incidents were not connected to his business.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'A man was assaulted at about 4am on New Year's Day. He was attacked with a golf club. Medical attention was declined. Police are investigating.'
Anyone with information should call Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 2 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 3 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 4 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 5 'The ultimate challenge' - The man building a boat to beat a world record
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Delays expected on A149 due to roadworks
- 8 'A man of the people' - Heartfelt tribute to Bayfield Hall owner, Robin Combe
- 9 'Being driven inland' - Bus drivers can't afford coast, says company boss
- 10 North Norfolk nostalgia: Sheringham Splash in the 1980s and 1990s