Updated: Man attacked with golf club in early hours of New Year’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man was attacked with a golf club in the early hours of New Year's Day.
It happened in Happisburgh at about 4am, police said.
A spokesman said that a man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of assault and public order offences. He has been released pending further enquiries.
Police said an altercation occurred near the school on The Street.
The original call to the police came in from the Hill House Inn in the village, whose owner Clive Stockton said the incidents were not connected to his business.
A police spokesman said: 'A man was assaulted at about 4am on New Year's Day. He was attacked with a golf club. Medical attention was declined. Police are investigating.'
Anyone with information should call Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 2 'One in a million' town haberdasher dies at 80
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 5 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 6 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 7 Sinkhole delays should be over 'today'
- 8 Holiday let plan for farm's former train wagons
- 9 Popular 'cheese with no name' finally gets a name
- 10 Mammoths 'return' to north Norfolk in GoGo sculpture trail