Man who allegedly threatened Cromer bar staff with knife arrested
- Credit: Colin Finch
A man in his 40s who allegedly threatened bar staff at a north Norfolk pub with a knife has been arrested.
Officers were called to an incident at the Red Lion Hotel in Cromer at 6.30pm on Saturday, February 9.
It followed reports of a man threatening members of staff with what was believed to have been a knife.
Norfolk Police issued a CCTV image appeal this morning, Tuesday, March 5, and appealed for anyone who recognised the man in the photos to contact them.
A police spokesperson confirmed a man had now been taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
They said: 'Police can confirm they have identified a man sought in connection with an incident in Cromer.
'A man, aged in his 40s, was arrested earlier today in connection with the incident.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
He was taken to the Aylsham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The man remains in police custody.