Town set for road closures and delays due to drainage works
- Credit: Google Maps
Delays are expected as temporary traffic lights and road closures are put in place in a market town in order to carry out drainage works.
The works on Hadfield Road and Lynfield Road in North Walsham, will start on Monday, September 7, and will take eight weeks to complete, with three-way temporary traffic lights set for Hadfield Road 24 hours a day, seven days a week until work is complete.
Lynfield Road will be closed to traffic for four weeks, access to homes and businesses will be maintained however Norfolk County Council is telling motorists to expect delays.
While the road is closed traffic will be diverted via Mundesley Road.
The work, which will cost £140,000, will see two large banks of underground soakaways installed in order to solve regular surface water and flooding issues in the area.
You may also want to watch:
A county council spokesman said: “The county council thanks people for their patience while this market town drainage improvement work is carried out.”
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Delight at housing association seals award for affordable homes
- 3 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 5 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 8 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 9 Jury to hear closing speeches in North Walsham murder trial
- 10 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ