Town set for road closures and delays due to drainage works
- Credit: Google Maps
Delays are expected as temporary traffic lights and road closures are put in place in a market town in order to carry out drainage works.
The works on Hadfield Road and Lynfield Road in North Walsham, will start on Monday, September 7, and will take eight weeks to complete, with three-way temporary traffic lights set for Hadfield Road 24 hours a day, seven days a week until work is complete.
Lynfield Road will be closed to traffic for four weeks, access to homes and businesses will be maintained however Norfolk County Council is telling motorists to expect delays.
While the road is closed traffic will be diverted via Mundesley Road.
The work, which will cost £140,000, will see two large banks of underground soakaways installed in order to solve regular surface water and flooding issues in the area.
You may also want to watch:
A county council spokesman said: “The county council thanks people for their patience while this market town drainage improvement work is carried out.”
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 10 Dog boutique to celebrate second birthday with treats for pooches