Former army commander to lead youth charity's fundraiser
- Credit: Matthew Usher
The life and times of one of Norfolk's best-known military figures will be in focus at a fundraising dinner for the Holt Youth Project.
Lord Richard Dannatt, former head of the British Army, will be the guest of honour at the event at Gresham's School's Auden Theatre on Saturday, November 6 from 7pm.
Lord Dannatt will give a talk about some of the events he has lived through, following a two-course meal.
The 70-year-old, who lives near Norwich, served in the Troubles, the Bosnian War and the Kosovo War and oversaw deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan during his tenure as Chief of the General Staff between 2006 and 2009.
His wife, Lady Philippa Dannatt, is Lord-Lieutenant of Norfolk and patron of the Holt Youth Project, which supports young people and young carers.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event are £45, for more information or to book call 01263 710918 or email Karen Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 4 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 5 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 6 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 10 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop