Looking back at the Beast from the East
- Credit: Sharon Coggins
North Norfolk residents have had a stark reminder of the beauty, danger and sheer force of the weather recently as the so-called 'Beast from the East' brought snow, subzero temperatures and chilly winds.
Many of us were unable to live our lives as we usually do - whether that meant having to stay at home from school or work, leaving the car in the driveway to avoid the treacherous road conditions or simply having to put on extra layers of clothing when we went outside.
But while the snow caused us problems and inconvenience, there is no denying it also turned our landscape into a winter wonderland.
The weather gave us a chance to build snowmen and igloos, go sledging and stroll about enjoying the unique ambiance of it all. Here is a selection of snowy photos showing our region in all its glory.
For more news and photos of the recent snow in north Norfolk, don't miss your copy of the North Norfolk News, available at newsagents and supermarkets across the area.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder