Looking back at the Beast from the East
- Credit: Sharon Coggins
North Norfolk residents have had a stark reminder of the beauty, danger and sheer force of the weather recently as the so-called 'Beast from the East' brought snow, subzero temperatures and chilly winds.
Many of us were unable to live our lives as we usually do - whether that meant having to stay at home from school or work, leaving the car in the driveway to avoid the treacherous road conditions or simply having to put on extra layers of clothing when we went outside.
But while the snow caused us problems and inconvenience, there is no denying it also turned our landscape into a winter wonderland.
The weather gave us a chance to build snowmen and igloos, go sledging and stroll about enjoying the unique ambiance of it all. Here is a selection of snowy photos showing our region in all its glory.
For more news and photos of the recent snow in north Norfolk, don't miss your copy of the North Norfolk News, available at newsagents and supermarkets across the area.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 Will new lease mean a new surface for this pothole-riddled carpark?
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 6 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 7 Norfolk train station features as 'pointless' answer on BBC TV show
- 8 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 9 Lifeboat rescues seasick crew on struggling 45ft cruiser
- 10 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee