Looking back at the Beast from the East
- Credit: Sharon Coggins
North Norfolk residents have had a stark reminder of the beauty, danger and sheer force of the weather recently as the so-called 'Beast from the East' brought snow, subzero temperatures and chilly winds.
Many of us were unable to live our lives as we usually do - whether that meant having to stay at home from school or work, leaving the car in the driveway to avoid the treacherous road conditions or simply having to put on extra layers of clothing when we went outside.
But while the snow caused us problems and inconvenience, there is no denying it also turned our landscape into a winter wonderland.
The weather gave us a chance to build snowmen and igloos, go sledging and stroll about enjoying the unique ambiance of it all. Here is a selection of snowy photos showing our region in all its glory.
For more news and photos of the recent snow in north Norfolk, don't miss your copy of the North Norfolk News, available at newsagents and supermarkets across the area.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 2 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 3 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 4 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 5 'The ultimate challenge' - The man building a boat to beat a world record
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Delays expected on A149 due to roadworks
- 8 'A man of the people' - Heartfelt tribute to Bayfield Hall owner, Robin Combe
- 9 'Being driven inland' - Bus drivers can't afford coast, says company boss
- 10 North Norfolk nostalgia: Sheringham Splash in the 1980s and 1990s