North Walsham football club could have lease extended
A North Norfolk football club could have its lease extended so vital refurbishment works including a new pitch can take place.
While the extension will mean the local council foots the bill for some much-needed maintenance, the change of lease will also see the club's rent increase.
North Walsham Town Football Club's current lease on land at Greens Road, which is owned by North Norfolk District Council is due to expire in seven years.
But the site needs new boilers, sewage pumps and some electrical rewiring totalling £60,000 costs the club cannot afford.
In order to cover the cost of the works, the club is requesting NNDC extend the lease to allow the club to extend and in turn develop and support the proposed 3G pitch installation at the site.
Councillors will discuss the proposal to extend the lease at the next NNDC cabinet meeting on Monday, July 5
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 9 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 10 'Covid didn't kill off our creativity' - Man, 73, releases Christmas song with puppets