North Walsham football club could have lease extended
A North Norfolk football club could have its lease extended so vital refurbishment works including a new pitch can take place.
While the extension will mean the local council foots the bill for some much-needed maintenance, the change of lease will also see the club's rent increase.
North Walsham Town Football Club's current lease on land at Greens Road, which is owned by North Norfolk District Council is due to expire in seven years.
But the site needs new boilers, sewage pumps and some electrical rewiring totalling £60,000 costs the club cannot afford.
In order to cover the cost of the works, the club is requesting NNDC extend the lease to allow the club to extend and in turn develop and support the proposed 3G pitch installation at the site.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors will discuss the proposal to extend the lease at the next NNDC cabinet meeting on Monday, July 5
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 9 Sunday market cancelled over weather warning
- 10 New summer car parks to open on coast