Grants worth almost £20,000 approved for community hub and skate park
- Credit: North Walsham Phoenix Group
Grants worth almost £20,000 have been agreed to support a new community space and skate park in a market town.
North Norfolk District Council will award £15,000 of its Sustainable Communities Fund to North Walsham Phoenix Group to fund its Youth and Community Space, complete with recording studio, in the town's former Barclays bank.
It comes after the group was awarded £20,100 by North Walsham Community Shop, for the space which will also house youth support and family support alongside youth clubs, music and drama in the evenings.
The second grant will see North Walsham Play awarded £4,800 for the development of Trackside, a new skate park.
Once open, the state-of-the-art park will feature two large bowls as well as multiple obstacles including ledges, hand rails and banks.
Virginia Gay, Portfolio Holder for Leisure, Wellbeing & Culture said: “Here are some more inspiring projects from communities throughout our district.
"Some of them are small projects, some of them are bigger; what they have in common is that they will make life brighter for the people whom they serve.
You may also want to watch:
"Many congratulations, everyone.”
The council is encouraging local groups and cause to apply for a grant here.
- 1 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 2 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 3 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 4 New summer car parks to open on coast
- 5 Sunday market cancelled over weather warning
- 6 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 7 Mementoes from 2021 buried in time capsule at new pool
- 8 Council's holiday let sell off after failing to make enough money
- 9 School's dinner lady retires after almost 50 years
- 10 Forest school launches new mothers and babies group