Council wins award for Covid performance
- Credit: NNDC
The "exceptional performance" of a Norfolk council during the Covid-19 pandemic has been recognised with an award.
North Norfolk District Council picked up the Digital Finance Project of the Year gong at the 2021 Public Finance Awards.
Duncan Ellis, the council's director for resources, said: "It’s been a very difficult time for many in the district and we’re very pleased to have been able to efficiently and comprehensibly deliver this vital support."
NNDC has paid out £126 million worth of Covid-19 grants in more than 30,000 transactions.
Councillor Richard Kershaw, portfolio holder for sustainable growth, said: "The attitude of the team went beyond the normal call of duty and was carried out professionally with a sense of purpose and good humour in the face of very difficult circumstances for our local businesses.”
You may also want to watch:
The council has recently announced a new Covid grant scheme called the business recovery and resilience grant, which opens for applications on October 11.
- 1 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 4 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 5 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 6 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 10 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop