Sales assistant and boss share work anniversary at Holt department store
- Credit: Archant
The managing director and an employee who started out as a shop assistant are celebrating years of long service at a north Norfolk business on the same day.
Linda Sewell, from Holt who works in menswear at Bakers and Larners, has been with the company, for 48 years on Saturday, September 1.
And managing director Michael Baker is celebrating 45 at the helm of the business on the same date.
Miss Sewell, 64, said: 'I used to work in soft furnishings and then I moved to the office part time.
'Then I moved to menswear and I've been here ever since.
You may also want to watch:
'It's the people who make the job what it is.
'We've got great rapport with our regulars and I've got a nice team to work with.
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 6 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
'It's a lovely family firm and they're very good to us.
'I hope to get to 50 years here, which will be in 2020, the company's 250th year.'
Mr Baker thanked Miss Sewell for her service and added that he hopes to remain at work until the age of 88.