Sales assistant and boss share work anniversary at Holt department store
- Credit: Archant
The managing director and an employee who started out as a shop assistant are celebrating years of long service at a north Norfolk business on the same day.
Linda Sewell, from Holt who works in menswear at Bakers and Larners, has been with the company, for 48 years on Saturday, September 1.
And managing director Michael Baker is celebrating 45 at the helm of the business on the same date.
Miss Sewell, 64, said: 'I used to work in soft furnishings and then I moved to the office part time.
'Then I moved to menswear and I've been here ever since.
'It's the people who make the job what it is.
'We've got great rapport with our regulars and I've got a nice team to work with.
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 3 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 4 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 5 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 6 Hundreds visit new art gallery in Cromer in its first week
- 7 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 8 VOTE NOW: Have your say on Norfolk's best fish and chips
- 9 'He inspires me' - Alice preps for marathon with her dad
- 10 Human rights monolith to be unveiled on village green
'It's a lovely family firm and they're very good to us.
'I hope to get to 50 years here, which will be in 2020, the company's 250th year.'
Mr Baker thanked Miss Sewell for her service and added that he hopes to remain at work until the age of 88.