Sales assistant and boss share work anniversary at Holt department store
- Credit: Archant
The managing director and an employee who started out as a shop assistant are celebrating years of long service at a north Norfolk business on the same day.
Linda Sewell, from Holt who works in menswear at Bakers and Larners, has been with the company, for 48 years on Saturday, September 1.
And managing director Michael Baker is celebrating 45 at the helm of the business on the same date.
Miss Sewell, 64, said: 'I used to work in soft furnishings and then I moved to the office part time.
'Then I moved to menswear and I've been here ever since.
You may also want to watch:
'It's the people who make the job what it is.
'We've got great rapport with our regulars and I've got a nice team to work with.
- 1 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 2 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 3 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 4 How dairy?! See town's ice-cream cone Christmas tree
- 5 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 6 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 7 Village's shops transform into giant advent calendar
- 8 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 9 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 10 13 schools closed due to Covid cases and heating problems
'It's a lovely family firm and they're very good to us.
'I hope to get to 50 years here, which will be in 2020, the company's 250th year.'
Mr Baker thanked Miss Sewell for her service and added that he hopes to remain at work until the age of 88.