Sales assistant celebrates 50 years in retail
- Credit: Archant
A sales assistant at Bakers and Larners of Holt, is celebrating clocking up 50 years of retail service.
Linda Sewell began her career in 1970 as an office junior for Betty’s of Holt, which was acquired by the CT Baker Group in 2004.
During her five decades with the company, Ms Sewell has spent time in office roles, ladieswear, linens and menswear where she works today.
Ms Sewell, who lives in Holt, said “As a family-run business, CT Baker Group is a good company to work for. I’ve seen many changes over the years and the one thing I really love is the company of my colleagues and our customers.”
When asked if she intended to leave the group anytime soon, Ms Sewell responded with a very definite “no.”
You may also want to watch:
Long service is not uncommon at CT Baker Group with more than 40 people having worked for the group for more than 25 years.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 3 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 4 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 7 Study asks: 'What makes this town special?'
- 8 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 9 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 10 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed