Sales assistant celebrates 50 years in retail
- Credit: Archant
A sales assistant at Bakers and Larners of Holt, is celebrating clocking up 50 years of retail service.
Linda Sewell began her career in 1970 as an office junior for Betty’s of Holt, which was acquired by the CT Baker Group in 2004.
During her five decades with the company, Ms Sewell has spent time in office roles, ladieswear, linens and menswear where she works today.
Ms Sewell, who lives in Holt, said “As a family-run business, CT Baker Group is a good company to work for. I’ve seen many changes over the years and the one thing I really love is the company of my colleagues and our customers.”
When asked if she intended to leave the group anytime soon, Ms Sewell responded with a very definite “no.”
You may also want to watch:
Long service is not uncommon at CT Baker Group with more than 40 people having worked for the group for more than 25 years.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland