Lifeboat Cup games forced away from home
An historic charity football cup has had to switch grounds for some of its games for the second year running.Last year it was vandalism that caused problems for the Cromer Lifeboat Cup.
An historic charity football cup has had to switch grounds for some of its games for the second year running.
Last year it was vandalism that caused problems for the Cromer Lifeboat Cup. This year it is a fixture backlog caused by the bad weather.
The tournament has been running for 105 years and generates �2,000 to �2,500 each season for the life-saving charity.
Last season eight matches were moved away from its traditional Cabbell Park home after vandalism to the clubhouse, saw a �400 drop in income.
You may also want to watch:
This season the same number of games were also being switched because the host club was trying to catch up with postponed games, said organiser Derek Hinds.
'For the second year running, Holt Sports Association and Runton Playing Fields Association have come to the rescue to enable this competition to continue and our thanks go out to them,' he added.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 3 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
The first round matches will take place on the next four Monday nights starting on February 22 under floodlights at Holt, kicking off with Cromer Veterans v Corpusty at 6.45pm.
The four quarter finals will take place at Runton, and it was hoped the semi finals and final, on Bank Holiday Monday May 3, would be at Cabbell Park.