Library cuts consultation
People are being asked when they want their libraries to open under Norfolk County Council proposals to reduce opening hours by 10pc to save money.
The plans have been drawn up following the Norfolk Big Conversation consultation which ran between October 2010 and January 2011 where people could suggest ways the council can plug an estimated funding gap of �155 million over the next three years.
The options for reducing opening hours have been drawn up following a consultation with the libraries' staff and are based on the times when each library is least busy.
The proposals for North Norfolk include reducing Cromer library opening hours by four and a half hours per week, reducing Aylsham library opening hours by five hours per week, reducing Holt library opening hours by two and a half hours per week, reducing Mundesley library opening hours by two hours per week, reducing North Walsham library opening hours by five hours per week, reducing Sheringham library opening hours by four hours per week, reducing Stalham library opening hours by two and a half hours per week and reducing Wroxham library opening hours by five hours per week.
• You can pick up consultation form from every library, respond online at www.surveymonkey.com/norfolk-libraries-consultation. The deadline for responses is midnight on Monday, June 13 and a final decision will be made in July before the revised opening hours come in during October this year.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 2 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 5 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 6 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 7 Listed townhouse with 'most stunning' features is for sale for £595,000
- 8 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 9 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 10 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist