Colourful spectacle at annual rainbow garden party
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
There were scenes of delight at Saturday afternoon’s Stody Rainbow Garden Party.
The annual LGBT event, at Stody Lodge Gardens, near Holt, began in 2018 and raises funds for both Norwich and King’s Lynn Pride.
Though it was cancelled in 2020, the party was back this weekend in full force of colour.
“It’s just so special to welcome people back here after a year when we couldn’t open,” said Kate MacNicol, owner of the gardens.
“We’ve had a fantastic turnout - the weather has been kind in the end,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s lovely to see people enjoying the flowers, enjoying the fresh air, and just being able to see friends and people they haven’t been able to see for a whole year,” said Ms MacNicol.
Speeches were given by Norwich pride trustee Julie Bremner, as well as performances from singer Kimberley Moore, cabaret and recording artist Alexa Vox, and others.
- 1 Children stuck on cliffs and 11 in trouble in sea on busy weekend
- 2 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 3 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 8 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 9 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 10 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach