Letter: ‘In praise of our town’s police force’
- Credit: Archant © 2005
I moved to North Walsham 12 years ago, because of the beautiful scenery, great local beaches but also because of the low crime in the region.
I went along to our Safer Neighbourhoods Action Panel (Snap) meeting recently and was pleased to hear, again, that there was such a low level of crime to report.
What really needs highlighting, though, is the great work of our local police in North Walsham.
PC Paul Gwynne reported that during December, the North Walsham police made patrolling in our Market Place shops a priority.
This resulted in zero shoplifting reports in the run up to Christmas.
This should be applauded.
It just goes to show that visible policing works.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 4 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 5 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 6 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 7 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 10 Sole survivor peregrine chick is ringed
We must not let our police force be further decimated by short-sighted council budget cuts.
Let's all show support for our local emergency services.
-What do you think? To share your views on this issue and others, email firstname.lastname@example.org