Reader letter: I thank our ambulance and frontline health workers
- Credit: Archant
Praise for ambulance and frontline health workers
Over the past few months the media and Norfolk MPs have been very critical of ambulance and accident and emergency (A&E) frontline patient care/performance services in Norfolk.
Much speculation about ambulance response and turnaround times, and ambulance waiting times at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital A&E abound.
As a result, this was debated in Parliament and Risk Summit was set up by NHS England and NHS Improvement, the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) and stakeholders.
This resulted in seven key actions identified - see NHS England's website - being discussed with hospital A&Es, and will come into effect on February 26.
You may also want to watch:
Without a doubt, such vigorous media attention must have had a serious effect on those NHS staff working on the front line.
Recent EEAST statistics show that between August 2017 to date show that of 100 patient responses received, 62 received a five-star rating.
- 1 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 4 Fourteen green spaces in Norfolk named among best in UK
- 5 New cancer care centre officially opens on north coast
- 6 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 7 Bonfire Night fireworks to return to town
- 8 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 9 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop
- 10 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
The current problems that exist in the NHS are of the government's making - not those delivering care.
They were warned of what was coming but chose to ignore it as did the North Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group when closing 18 NHS beds at Benjamin Court during the worst winter crisis ever.
I would like to pay personal tribute to all NHS staff - particularly those working on the front line. You are doing a great job, all of you. Thank you very much.