Letter: ‘Best of luck to the new pie shop’
- Credit: Archant
There has been a great deal of negativity on high street shop closures in recent weeks, both nationally and locally. So it was an absolute delight to see Norfolk's Pie Man, managed by Anthony and Bridget Mattocks, open their doors for business on the site of the former Claws and Paws pet store at Station Road, Sheringham.
We have supported this couple for many years on Sheringham Saturday market and will continue to do so at their new premises.
This we feel is a brave new venture on Anthony's and Bridget's part. far too many retail businesses have been forced to close due to crippling business rates, greedy landlords and online shopping. Having said that, we believe this enterprising couple can 'buck the trend' with their excellent range of home-made pastry products and wish them will with their future endeavours.
JAN AND CHARLES THIRTLE
-What do you think? To share your own views on this issue and others, email email@example.com
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 3 'A coffee shop was a childhood dream' - Q&A with Mel Benns
- 4 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 5 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 6 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 7 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 8 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 9 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 10 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents