Letter: ‘Best of luck to the new pie shop’
- Credit: Archant
There has been a great deal of negativity on high street shop closures in recent weeks, both nationally and locally. So it was an absolute delight to see Norfolk's Pie Man, managed by Anthony and Bridget Mattocks, open their doors for business on the site of the former Claws and Paws pet store at Station Road, Sheringham.
We have supported this couple for many years on Sheringham Saturday market and will continue to do so at their new premises.
This we feel is a brave new venture on Anthony's and Bridget's part. far too many retail businesses have been forced to close due to crippling business rates, greedy landlords and online shopping. Having said that, we believe this enterprising couple can 'buck the trend' with their excellent range of home-made pastry products and wish them will with their future endeavours.
JAN AND CHARLES THIRTLE
You may also want to watch:
-What do you think? To share your own views on this issue and others, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 10 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death