Letter: ‘A respectful and clear Brexit meeting’
- Credit: Archant
Though I am a foreigner from Austria, I have always been deeply interested in your country and especially your politics just now as my best friends live in Sheringham.
I was over here in June 2016 when you voted for 'out' and since then I have tried to understand the pros and cons for this decision.
So I was really looking forward to the Liberal Democrats' Brexit meeting in North Walsham and was very pleased to get the opportunity to attend it after one phone call and stressing that I was a foreigner.
I must say, I have hardly ever seen and heard such a respectful and unemotional discussion and all the points made by the politicians were very clear and straight to the point.
Though I don't go along with all the statements, I will take the ideas of the cons and pros back to my hometown and I hope they will make me understand your decision better, whatever it will be.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 When 13-year-old Prince Philip visited Cromer following crab boat disaster
- 2 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 3 'How it should be' - Cromer abuzz as businesses reopen
- 4 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 5 £500 grant paves way for new swimmers
- 6 'We love the town sentimentally' - Holt opticians firm opens 10th store in lockdown
- 7 Police and community fridge to be discussed at Sheringham town meeting
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Seal trips braced for busy season ahead - but quiet first day after easing
- 10 North Walsham gym to re-open despite vaccinations continuing
-What do you think? To share your view on this issue and others, write to email@example.com