Letter: ‘A respectful and clear Brexit meeting’
- Credit: Archant
Though I am a foreigner from Austria, I have always been deeply interested in your country and especially your politics just now as my best friends live in Sheringham.
I was over here in June 2016 when you voted for 'out' and since then I have tried to understand the pros and cons for this decision.
So I was really looking forward to the Liberal Democrats' Brexit meeting in North Walsham and was very pleased to get the opportunity to attend it after one phone call and stressing that I was a foreigner.
I must say, I have hardly ever seen and heard such a respectful and unemotional discussion and all the points made by the politicians were very clear and straight to the point.
Though I don't go along with all the statements, I will take the ideas of the cons and pros back to my hometown and I hope they will make me understand your decision better, whatever it will be.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 5 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 8 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
-What do you think? To share your view on this issue and others, write to firstname.lastname@example.org