Sadness after man dies in single-vehicle collision
- Credit: Archant
A parish council chairman has reacted with sadness following a fatal accident near a quiet junction on a country road in north-east Norfolk.
A man, driving a white Dacia, died in the single-vehicle collision in Church Lane near to the junction with Heath Road in Lessingham, near Stalham.
Emergency services including the air ambulance attended the scene of the crash at about 10.30am on Wednesday, April 17.
Ken White, chairman of Lessingham and Hempstead with Eccles Parish Council, said his reaction was one of 'sadness'.
Mr White said the junction was normally quiet, and was not known as an accident black spot.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The road conditions there aren't terribly good in terms of potholes and that sort of thing, but they have recently been done.'
Anyone who witnessed the collision or who has information that could help police should contact Sgt Adrian Hales from the Roads Armed Policing Team at Acle on 101 or email Adrian.Hales@norfolk.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 2 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 5 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 6 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 7 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Have your say on bid to improve North Walsham town centre
- 10 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village