Sadness after man dies in single-vehicle collision
- Credit: Archant
A parish council chairman has reacted with sadness following a fatal accident near a quiet junction on a country road in north-east Norfolk.
A man, driving a white Dacia, died in the single-vehicle collision in Church Lane near to the junction with Heath Road in Lessingham, near Stalham.
Emergency services including the air ambulance attended the scene of the crash at about 10.30am on Wednesday, April 17.
Ken White, chairman of Lessingham and Hempstead with Eccles Parish Council, said his reaction was one of 'sadness'.
Mr White said the junction was normally quiet, and was not known as an accident black spot.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The road conditions there aren't terribly good in terms of potholes and that sort of thing, but they have recently been done.'
Anyone who witnessed the collision or who has information that could help police should contact Sgt Adrian Hales from the Roads Armed Policing Team at Acle on 101 or email Adrian.Hales@norfolk.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall