Sadness after man dies in single-vehicle collision
- Credit: Archant
A parish council chairman has reacted with sadness following a fatal accident near a quiet junction on a country road in north-east Norfolk.
A man, driving a white Dacia, died in the single-vehicle collision in Church Lane near to the junction with Heath Road in Lessingham, near Stalham.
Emergency services including the air ambulance attended the scene of the crash at about 10.30am on Wednesday, April 17.
Ken White, chairman of Lessingham and Hempstead with Eccles Parish Council, said his reaction was one of 'sadness'.
Mr White said the junction was normally quiet, and was not known as an accident black spot.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The road conditions there aren't terribly good in terms of potholes and that sort of thing, but they have recently been done.'
Anyone who witnessed the collision or who has information that could help police should contact Sgt Adrian Hales from the Roads Armed Policing Team at Acle on 101 or email Adrian.Hales@norfolk.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 4 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 5 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 6 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 7 Family's bid to fund 'life-changing' operation for brave Kaiden, eight
- 8 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 9 Lib Dems pick new leader for Norfolk County Council group
- 10 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times