Leisure firm takes over management of north Norfolk’s sports and fitness centres
- Credit: Archant
Six leisure facilities in North Norfolk are now officially under the management of one leisure operator.
Everyone Active has taken on the management of Victory Swim and Fitness Centre in North Walsham, Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre and Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre in Sheringham after agreeing a 10-year contract with North Norfolk District Council. It has also taken on the out-of-school-hours operation of three dual use sports centres adjoined to local schools in Cromer, North Walsham and Stalham.
As well as taking on the day-to-day running of the six facilities, Everyone Active will help the council develop its new £10.7 million centre that is being built to replace Splash with new, state-of-the-art facilities.
The new contract is kicking off with a number of investments being made across the facilities. Victory Swim and Fitness Centre, Splash Leisure and Fitness Centre and Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre will receive new Technogym fitness equipment, and the fitness offering at Victory Swim and Fitness Centre and Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre will also be enhanced through the addition of virtual group exercise classes.
Other additions include a new pool inflatable at Victory Swim and Fitness Centre and investment at Fakenham Sports and Fitness Centre, which will receive new gymnastics equipment, an inflatable activity centre and roller skates.
Nick Baker, the council's head of paid service, said: 'We are delighted to be working with Everyone Active and look forward to the improvements they will bring to the centres, such as the Sporting Champions programme and significant investment in equipment.
'The link with Everyone Active will mean more people are given the opportunity to take part in active leisure, which will be of huge benefit to the district.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 6 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 7 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 8 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 9 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 10 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
'People using the six centres will notice Everyone Active's new uniforms and new signage – with the continued delivery of high-quality leisure facilities.'
Everyone Active's regional contract manager, Dan Hicks, said: 'We are delighted to have officially started our partnership with North Norfolk District Council to manage its fantastic leisure facilities. We make it a priority to ensure that each of our centres meets the unique needs of its local community, and we are excited to become a driving force behind improving the health and wellbeing of people in the area.
'It is a really exciting time for sports and leisure locally. Significant investment is ensuring people in the area have access to high-quality leisure facilities and a wealth of new activity opportunities. I'm excited to see the positive impact it has on residents and visitors.'