Woman loses 7st after mirror fright
- Credit: Archant
A woman joined a slimming group when she failed to recognise herself in the mirror.
Laura George, 32, became a member of a local slimming group in October 2014, moved house, and then joined Cromer's Slimming World group.
Miss George, who lives in Church Street, Cromer, and works at M&Co in the town, said: 'I joined up because I had got to the point where I no longer recognised myself in the mirror.
'I was depressed and unhappy living in a body that couldn't run around after my daughter who was growing up fast.
'Since I joined I have lost over 7st in total. Being comfortable in my own body has been the biggest achievement out of all of this, as every pound of weight lost, I gained more confidence I didn't think I had. I can now keep up with my daughter too - no challenge is off limits.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 2 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 3 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 4 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 5 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 6 Parents urged to talk to their children about vandalism at skate park
- 7 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 8 Covid memorial to be created - but it will disappear after four hours
- 9 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 10 Could you be a gilly warden? Ex-quayside volunteer hopes role is revived