Woman loses 7st after mirror fright
- Credit: Archant
A woman joined a slimming group when she failed to recognise herself in the mirror.
Laura George, 32, became a member of a local slimming group in October 2014, moved house, and then joined Cromer's Slimming World group.
Miss George, who lives in Church Street, Cromer, and works at M&Co in the town, said: 'I joined up because I had got to the point where I no longer recognised myself in the mirror.
'I was depressed and unhappy living in a body that couldn't run around after my daughter who was growing up fast.
'Since I joined I have lost over 7st in total. Being comfortable in my own body has been the biggest achievement out of all of this, as every pound of weight lost, I gained more confidence I didn't think I had. I can now keep up with my daughter too - no challenge is off limits.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 3 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 4 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 5 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 6 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 7 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 8 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 9 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 10 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic