Woman loses 7st after mirror fright
- Credit: Archant
A woman joined a slimming group when she failed to recognise herself in the mirror.
Laura George, 32, became a member of a local slimming group in October 2014, moved house, and then joined Cromer's Slimming World group.
Miss George, who lives in Church Street, Cromer, and works at M&Co in the town, said: 'I joined up because I had got to the point where I no longer recognised myself in the mirror.
'I was depressed and unhappy living in a body that couldn't run around after my daughter who was growing up fast.
'Since I joined I have lost over 7st in total. Being comfortable in my own body has been the biggest achievement out of all of this, as every pound of weight lost, I gained more confidence I didn't think I had. I can now keep up with my daughter too - no challenge is off limits.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck