Nominate your community heroes in north Norfolk awards
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public are urged to nominate the community heroes who have made a difference in north Norfolk.
North Norfolk District Council is organising the third Big Society Awards to celebrate those projects that are based in or benefit people in the region.
Awards will be made to those who have made outstanding contributions to sport, helped young and old people in the district, and contributed to their neighbourhoods.
NNDC will also be inviting projects which were awarded a Big Society Fund between 2016 and 2018 to make nominations in two other categories, which are outstanding contribution to a Big Society Funded project by an adult and a young person under 18. The council will be writing to these projects to ask for nominations directly.
John Lee, NNDC Leader and Chairman of the Big Society Fund Panel, said: 'Being involved with these awards is one of the highlights of my job. There are so many people who make such a difference across north Norfolk, and these awards offer the chance for us to recognise all their good work.
You may also want to watch:
'I am looking forward to what will no doubt be a very difficult judging process.'
Since 2012, the Big Society Fund has helped more than 232 community projects, to the tune of £1.76m, improve or support the wellbeing of communities.
- 1 People released from car after crash closes road
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 6 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 9 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 10 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
These include the provision of new play and recreational areas, creation of new community amenities, updated village halls, improved sport facilities, increased people's involvement in their communities through volunteering and enabled new groups and activities to be set up that have benefited some of the most vulnerable residents.
The Big Society Awards night will be held at Sheringham Little Theatre on November 29,
To put forward your nomination:
Download the form from www.north-norfolk.gov.uk and email the completed nomination form to Supporting.Communities@north-norfolk.gov.uk or post to Big Society Community Awards, NNDC, Holt Road, Cromer NR27 9EN.
Call 01263 516248 for a hard copy of the form.
Nomination forms are available from NNDC reception in Holt Road, Cromer. Closing date for receipt of nominations is Monday, October 15.