Nominate your community heroes in north Norfolk awards
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public are urged to nominate the community heroes who have made a difference in north Norfolk.
North Norfolk District Council is organising the third Big Society Awards to celebrate those projects that are based in or benefit people in the region.
Awards will be made to those who have made outstanding contributions to sport, helped young and old people in the district, and contributed to their neighbourhoods.
NNDC will also be inviting projects which were awarded a Big Society Fund between 2016 and 2018 to make nominations in two other categories, which are outstanding contribution to a Big Society Funded project by an adult and a young person under 18. The council will be writing to these projects to ask for nominations directly.
John Lee, NNDC Leader and Chairman of the Big Society Fund Panel, said: 'Being involved with these awards is one of the highlights of my job. There are so many people who make such a difference across north Norfolk, and these awards offer the chance for us to recognise all their good work.
You may also want to watch:
'I am looking forward to what will no doubt be a very difficult judging process.'
Since 2012, the Big Society Fund has helped more than 232 community projects, to the tune of £1.76m, improve or support the wellbeing of communities.
- 1 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 4 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 10 Bullying claims and defamation payments on agenda for special meeting
These include the provision of new play and recreational areas, creation of new community amenities, updated village halls, improved sport facilities, increased people's involvement in their communities through volunteering and enabled new groups and activities to be set up that have benefited some of the most vulnerable residents.
The Big Society Awards night will be held at Sheringham Little Theatre on November 29,
To put forward your nomination:
Download the form from www.north-norfolk.gov.uk and email the completed nomination form to Supporting.Communities@north-norfolk.gov.uk or post to Big Society Community Awards, NNDC, Holt Road, Cromer NR27 9EN.
Call 01263 516248 for a hard copy of the form.
Nomination forms are available from NNDC reception in Holt Road, Cromer. Closing date for receipt of nominations is Monday, October 15.