Princess Margaret's lady-in-waiting to lead fundraising lunch
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The former lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret will talk about her life at an upcoming fundraising lunch in north Norfolk.
Lady Anne Glenconner has written a book about her life called Lady Glenconner, My Extraordinary Life in the Shadow of the Crown. The memoir was a surprise bestseller when it was released in 2019.
She will talk about some of the experiences described in the book at the lunch at the Briarfields Hotel in Titchwell on Thursday, October 7, starting at midday.
Tickets for the lunch - which was originally due to take place in April last year but was put back due to the pandemic - are £45, and proceeds will go to the Prince's Trust.
Lady Glenconner, 89, who was also maid of honour at the Queen's coronation, is the oldest daughter of the 5th Earl of Leicester and grew up at Holkham Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Living so close to Sandringham Estate, she was a regular playmate of the Queen and Princess Margaret when they were children.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- 1 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 4 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 5 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 6 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 10 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop