Storytelling duo thrill youngsters with King Arthur book launch
- Credit: Supplied by the school
Children's author Kevin Crossley-Holland and illustrator Chris Riddell have thrilled youngsters at a north Norfolk school, where they read excerpts from their new book Arthur: The Always King.
The storytelling duo also also answered questions about writing and illustrating from pupils at Beeston Hall School in Beeston Regis, in a visit partly organised by the Norfolk Children's Book Centre.
Fred de Falbe, headmaster, said: "What an honour to have two such incredibly inspirational talents not only come to speak to our school family, but to choose to launch their exciting new book with us.
"It was a terrific evening for our children and, dare I say, for us older guests, for whom these classic tales from our own childhoods have been brought back to life with such vim and colour."
Head of English, Nicole Williamson, added: "This book has obviously been a labour of love - their enthusiasm was palpable. The children can't wait to read more of it."
The new book offers a fresh look at the ever-popular Arthurian legends, from the sword in the stone to the wizardry of Merlin.
- 1 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 2 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 9 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?