North Norfolk nine-year-old sets sights high after winning Miss UK contest
- Credit: Stacy Harfield
A little girl from north Norfolk got to spend the day feeling like a real-life princess, as she entered a local modelling pageant and was crowned the winner.
Lily Harfield, 9, from North Walsham, has been crowned Junior Miss UK by the Norfolk based Kerri Parker Academy.
Over 70 children entered the Mr & Miss UK contest, which included various adult and child age categories and a variety of rounds including spring fashion and evening wear.
The competition was held at the Lenwade House Hotel.
Categories included charity crowns for those who raised the most money towards Brain Tumour Research, a charity close to the heart of Academy owner and international model Kerri Parker.
You may also want to watch:
Kerri was diagnosed with a Brain Tumour in 2013 and since overcoming the illness has worked tirelessly to raise funds through events run by the Academy, totalling over £10,000 in the last year alone.
Lily has helped to raise funds for the charity through her involvement with the Academy with a contribution of over £100 so far and is looking forward to fundraising for Brain Tumour Research with the Academy in the future.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 7 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 8 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 9 Tribute shows planned in memory of Paul Eastwood
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
Lily is now set to attend bigger events representing the Academy as a result of her win.
She will also be entering the Model of the Year contest held by the Academy in August this year.
Mum Stacy Harfield, said: 'Lily is really excited and can't wait, she is a little fashionista and really loves choosing dresses for the pageants and showing them off on the catwalk!
'The Miss UK contest was Lily's second pageant and we can't believe she has won the Miss UK title. She is amazing and we are so proud of her. Her confidence has grown tremendously since her involvement with the Academy; she has gone from a shy little girl to a confident young lady who literally rocked the catwalk with her smile and enthusiasm!'