North Norfolk nine-year-old sets sights high after winning Miss UK contest
- Credit: Stacy Harfield
A little girl from north Norfolk got to spend the day feeling like a real-life princess, as she entered a local modelling pageant and was crowned the winner.
Lily Harfield, 9, from North Walsham, has been crowned Junior Miss UK by the Norfolk based Kerri Parker Academy.
Over 70 children entered the Mr & Miss UK contest, which included various adult and child age categories and a variety of rounds including spring fashion and evening wear.
The competition was held at the Lenwade House Hotel.
Categories included charity crowns for those who raised the most money towards Brain Tumour Research, a charity close to the heart of Academy owner and international model Kerri Parker.
Kerri was diagnosed with a Brain Tumour in 2013 and since overcoming the illness has worked tirelessly to raise funds through events run by the Academy, totalling over £10,000 in the last year alone.
Lily has helped to raise funds for the charity through her involvement with the Academy with a contribution of over £100 so far and is looking forward to fundraising for Brain Tumour Research with the Academy in the future.
- 1 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture
- 2 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 3 'Wild Church' events to start on north Norfolk coast
- 4 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 5 School's 'shining light' ethos leads to fresh 'Good' grade
- 6 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 7 New group's bid to take over Holt Hall
- 8 Broads homes plan branded 'absolute insanity' gets approval
- 9 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 10 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
Lily is now set to attend bigger events representing the Academy as a result of her win.
She will also be entering the Model of the Year contest held by the Academy in August this year.
Mum Stacy Harfield, said: 'Lily is really excited and can't wait, she is a little fashionista and really loves choosing dresses for the pageants and showing them off on the catwalk!
'The Miss UK contest was Lily's second pageant and we can't believe she has won the Miss UK title. She is amazing and we are so proud of her. Her confidence has grown tremendously since her involvement with the Academy; she has gone from a shy little girl to a confident young lady who literally rocked the catwalk with her smile and enthusiasm!'