Joy as Wroxham hotel scoops national award
The husband and wife team behind a boutique hotel at the heart of the Norfolk Broads are celebrating after it scooped a national award.The Broad House Hotel, at Wroxham, was named the UK's best small hotel for excellent customer service at last week's HRS.
The husband and wife team behind a boutique hotel at the heart of the Norfolk Broads are celebrating after it scooped a national award.
The Broad House Hotel, at Wroxham, was named the UK's best small hotel for excellent customer service at last week's HRS.com Hotel Excellence Awards.
Director Philip Search, who runs the nine-bed hotel with wife Caroline, said he was 'overjoyed' to win the award.
He said: 'For us to be recognised nationally as the best small hotel for customer service is absolutely amazing and all the team have been blown away and feel really proud.'
You may also want to watch:
The award, which is made annually to the business judges feel demonstrates outstanding world-class service and a warm welcome to guests, was presented at a ceremony at Millbank Tower in London.
Mr and Mrs Search opened the Broad House Hotel in 2007 and were named small hotel of the year at the 2009 Enjoy England Awards for Excellence.
- 1 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 2 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 6 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 7 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 8 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 9 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
The director said the team was preparing for its busiest year yet, with turnover in 2010 expected to reach �1m.
He added: 'I'm delighted the Broad House Hotel is still growing when the industry nationally is going through tough times and we firmly believe our excellent customer service is central to that growth.'