Joy as Wroxham hotel scoops national award
The husband and wife team behind a boutique hotel at the heart of the Norfolk Broads are celebrating after it scooped a national award.The Broad House Hotel, at Wroxham, was named the UK's best small hotel for excellent customer service at last week's HRS.
The husband and wife team behind a boutique hotel at the heart of the Norfolk Broads are celebrating after it scooped a national award.
The Broad House Hotel, at Wroxham, was named the UK's best small hotel for excellent customer service at last week's HRS.com Hotel Excellence Awards.
Director Philip Search, who runs the nine-bed hotel with wife Caroline, said he was 'overjoyed' to win the award.
He said: 'For us to be recognised nationally as the best small hotel for customer service is absolutely amazing and all the team have been blown away and feel really proud.'
You may also want to watch:
The award, which is made annually to the business judges feel demonstrates outstanding world-class service and a warm welcome to guests, was presented at a ceremony at Millbank Tower in London.
Mr and Mrs Search opened the Broad House Hotel in 2007 and were named small hotel of the year at the 2009 Enjoy England Awards for Excellence.
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
The director said the team was preparing for its busiest year yet, with turnover in 2010 expected to reach �1m.
He added: 'I'm delighted the Broad House Hotel is still growing when the industry nationally is going through tough times and we firmly believe our excellent customer service is central to that growth.'