Joy as Wroxham hotel scoops national award
The husband and wife team behind a boutique hotel at the heart of the Norfolk Broads are celebrating after it scooped a national award.The Broad House Hotel, at Wroxham, was named the UK's best small hotel for excellent customer service at last week's HRS.
The husband and wife team behind a boutique hotel at the heart of the Norfolk Broads are celebrating after it scooped a national award.
The Broad House Hotel, at Wroxham, was named the UK's best small hotel for excellent customer service at last week's HRS.com Hotel Excellence Awards.
Director Philip Search, who runs the nine-bed hotel with wife Caroline, said he was 'overjoyed' to win the award.
He said: 'For us to be recognised nationally as the best small hotel for customer service is absolutely amazing and all the team have been blown away and feel really proud.'
You may also want to watch:
The award, which is made annually to the business judges feel demonstrates outstanding world-class service and a warm welcome to guests, was presented at a ceremony at Millbank Tower in London.
Mr and Mrs Search opened the Broad House Hotel in 2007 and were named small hotel of the year at the 2009 Enjoy England Awards for Excellence.
- 1 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 2 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 3 'Infamous, not famous': School slated for plan to honour traitor
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Firms sought for new industrial units
- 6 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 7 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 8 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 9 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
The director said the team was preparing for its busiest year yet, with turnover in 2010 expected to reach �1m.
He added: 'I'm delighted the Broad House Hotel is still growing when the industry nationally is going through tough times and we firmly believe our excellent customer service is central to that growth.'