Actor flies 4500 miles home to take part in Norfolk show
- Credit: Archant
It must be the longest distance rehearsal ever - Dubai to Mundesley.
North Walsham born Joe Annison now lives in the United Arab Emirates where he works in the Dubai Internanional Financial Centre, lives in a modern high rise and, adopting local customs, celebrates the weekend on Friday and Saturday.
Nevertheless, so great is his passion for performing that he is flying 4,500 miles home to perform Straighten Up and Fly Right on the Live at The Speakeasy stage, as part of Showtime at the Coronation Hall, in Mundesley, from August 9-18.
He said: 'Unfortunately there are fewer amateur dramatic opportunities in Dubai. I missed performing and working with such a great cast. The Red Loft Theatre group is a huge part of my life in Norfolk, and it's going to be brilliant to be with them all again, and, of course, with my lovely girlfriend.'
For more information, visit www.redlofttheatre.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days