Actor flies 4500 miles home to take part in Norfolk show
- Credit: Archant
It must be the longest distance rehearsal ever - Dubai to Mundesley.
North Walsham born Joe Annison now lives in the United Arab Emirates where he works in the Dubai Internanional Financial Centre, lives in a modern high rise and, adopting local customs, celebrates the weekend on Friday and Saturday.
Nevertheless, so great is his passion for performing that he is flying 4,500 miles home to perform Straighten Up and Fly Right on the Live at The Speakeasy stage, as part of Showtime at the Coronation Hall, in Mundesley, from August 9-18.
He said: 'Unfortunately there are fewer amateur dramatic opportunities in Dubai. I missed performing and working with such a great cast. The Red Loft Theatre group is a huge part of my life in Norfolk, and it's going to be brilliant to be with them all again, and, of course, with my lovely girlfriend.'
For more information, visit www.redlofttheatre.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer