Job skills taught at Sidestrand Hall School
Youngsters got to grips with motor mechanics, tree surgery, horticulture, painting and decorating' and hair and beauty during a vocational learning taster day held at Sidestrand Hall School.
The school has a 15-acre site, purpose-built mechanics workshop as well as a hair and beauty salon, Strands, planned for September.
It hopes that pupils from local high schools will enrol on courses for September which will also include construction/DIY and landscaping, which will support progression to work based training and college.
Five North Norfolk schools headed to the campus for a taster event.
Girls had the opportunity to experience manicures, facials, hairstyling and reception duties, while the boys got their hands dirty with engine oil, compost and paint. Pupils moved around the different activities before joining some parents for a round up of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Head Sarah Macro applied to the Learning Skills Improvement Service for a grant to develop the vocational curriculum, enabling North Norfolk schools to build further on existing collaborative work in the 14-19 curriculum offer to pupils.
Mrs Macro said: 'This is a fantastic opportunity for pupils to gain vocational qualifications locally and work together as a North Norfolk community for learning'.
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
Cromer High School assistant head Kelvin Sadler described his pupils as 'upbeat' about what is on offer at Sidestrand Hall while deputy head at Stalham High, Carole Davies, added: 'My students really enjoyed their visit and many of them are keen to return'.