Wetherspoon still keen on opening new pub in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Pub giant JD Wetherspoon is still keen on opening a new business in North Walsham, despite recent setbacks.
The firm's plans to move into the former town council offices in New Road were discussed at North Norfolk District Council's (NNDC) Cabinet meeting on Monday, March 12.
NNDC head of paid service Steve Blatch said the firm was keen to proceed with the plans and could accommodate a footpath around the site, as part of its new proposals.
NNDC council leader John Lee said: 'For the good of North Walsham the sooner it's sorted out the better.'
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: 'Wetherspoon had a recent positive meeting with the council during which the company discussed a couple of key development issues. Both sides are working together to resolve this.
'No dates, as we have yet to exchange. Wetherspoon still very keen to develop and open a pub on the site.'
- 1 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 2 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 3 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 4 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 5 The village in the path of controversial wind farm cable
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Christmas market draws hundreds to high street
- 8 Norfolk still has just one identified Omicron Covid case
- 9 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today