Wetherspoon still keen on opening new pub in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Pub giant JD Wetherspoon is still keen on opening a new business in North Walsham, despite recent setbacks.
The firm's plans to move into the former town council offices in New Road were discussed at North Norfolk District Council's (NNDC) Cabinet meeting on Monday, March 12.
NNDC head of paid service Steve Blatch said the firm was keen to proceed with the plans and could accommodate a footpath around the site, as part of its new proposals.
NNDC council leader John Lee said: 'For the good of North Walsham the sooner it's sorted out the better.'
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: 'Wetherspoon had a recent positive meeting with the council during which the company discussed a couple of key development issues. Both sides are working together to resolve this.
You may also want to watch:
'No dates, as we have yet to exchange. Wetherspoon still very keen to develop and open a pub on the site.'
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident