Wetherspoon still keen on opening new pub in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
Pub giant JD Wetherspoon is still keen on opening a new business in North Walsham, despite recent setbacks.
The firm's plans to move into the former town council offices in New Road were discussed at North Norfolk District Council's (NNDC) Cabinet meeting on Monday, March 12.
NNDC head of paid service Steve Blatch said the firm was keen to proceed with the plans and could accommodate a footpath around the site, as part of its new proposals.
NNDC council leader John Lee said: 'For the good of North Walsham the sooner it's sorted out the better.'
Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said: 'Wetherspoon had a recent positive meeting with the council during which the company discussed a couple of key development issues. Both sides are working together to resolve this.
You may also want to watch:
'No dates, as we have yet to exchange. Wetherspoon still very keen to develop and open a pub on the site.'
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 4 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 5 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 6 Trees planted as part of community project
- 7 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months