Classic Jaguars to cruise the coast in round-Britain charity drive
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A stage of the Round Britain Coastal Drive will 'flag off' from the Northrepps Cottage Country Hotel in Cromer.
Created as a one-off event to raise funds for Prostate Cancer UK in 2016, the 18-day drive is about to run for the fourth successive year.
The coastal drive, which is open to all XK-badged and XK-engined Jaguars, is aiming to raise £45,000.
This year's 3,400-mile drive around the circumference of the British mainland will feature some new start and finish locations.
Philip Porter, architect of the Round Britain Coastal Drive and co-founder of the International Jaguar XK Club, said: "We are appealing to owners of XK-badged and XK-engined Jaguars, in the UK and further afield, to join us in some or all of the Road Britain Coastal Drive.
You may also want to watch:
"This is an enormously enjoyable way of driving your classic car, seeing fantastic scenery, socialising with like-minded enthusiasts, and raising money for a great cause."
The event will be flagged-away from the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu in the New Forest, on Monday, September 16 and will conclude on Thursday, October 3 at Lyndhurst.
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 8 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 9 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 10 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
Gabriella Bailey, interim director of fundraising at Prostate Cancer UK, said: "The Round Britain Coastal Drive events are fantastic and have so far raised over £200,000 for Prostate Cancer UK, which is a tremendous amount.
"We are thrilled that Philip and his wife Julie have organised this event for the fourth year in a row, this time with XK-engined Jaguars.
"Our specialist nurses are here for anyone living with or concerned about prostate cancer or prostate problems.
"There are over 400,000 men living with the disease in the UK, which means this service will continue to act as a lifeline for so many.
"By doubling the value, we are doubling the difference to the lives of men and their loved ones."
Stage 16 of the drive starts from the Northrepps Cottage Country Hotel, Nut Lane, Cromer, at 9.30am on Tuesday, October 1.
Anyone interested in taking part can find more information on the event website, www.roundbritaincoastaldrive.co.uk/xk-club-round-britain-coastal-drive, or by phoning the International XK Club on 01584 781588.