It’s back for a 40th year: the Cromer Pier Show - the only ‘End-of-the-Pier’ summer variety show in the world
- Credit: Archant
Back for another recording-breaking 40th year, the Cromer Pier Show is now the only 'End-of-the-Pier' summer variety show in the world.
And, if advance bookings are anything to go by, this year will see a high demand for tickets.
The show is famous for its fabulous mix of talent, colourful costumes, dancers, stunning sets, lights and music.
And it's now recognised nationally as an incubator for talent with many of today's stars having trod the boards of the famous Pavilion Theatre. Former stand-outs include Bradley Walsh, 2013 Britain's Got Talent finalist ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, and 2014 BGT finalist comedy impressionist Danny Posthill.
Returning as top of the bill for a second year is comedian Phil Butler, who also appeared in the 1998 and '99 shows.
His stage skills include magic, juggling and ventriloquism, and he has headlined many of the UK's leading comedy clubs.
Also returning for a second summer season is comedy juggler, James Bustar, who has appeared on Australia's Got Talent and is now a headline act at performances and festivals across the globe.
- 1 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 2 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 3 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 4 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 5 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 6 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 7 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 8 Your say: How would you improve Holt?
- 9 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways
Meanwhile, making his first appearance at the Pavilion Theatre is comedian Joey Howard whose one-man show includes comedy sketches, musical routines and impressions.
Female lead vocalist Emily Yarrow returns for her second summer season. And, while male lead vocalist Lee Bright is making his first appearance in the Cromer Pier, he is no stranger to Norfolk having appeared in the Thursford Christmas Spectacular.
No variety show would be complete without its dancers and the Seaside Special Dancers will be displaying their talents in all forms of dance from tap to ballet.
Di Cooke, who returns for another year as director and choreographer, said: 'It will be part celebration of 40 years of what is now the only 'End-of-the-Pier' summer variety show in the world and as such will give audiences an all-round variety show experience.'
The Cromer Pier Show (also known as the Seaside Special) opens on Saturday, June 24 (Show 1) and runs to Saturday, September 23.
The show will be launched at the pier at 11am on Thursday, June 15.
Tickets from the box-office in person, or by phone 01263 512495 or online at www.cromerpier.co.uk