It’s back for a 40th year: the Cromer Pier Show - the only ‘End-of-the-Pier’ summer variety show in the world
- Credit: Archant
Back for another recording-breaking 40th year, the Cromer Pier Show is now the only 'End-of-the-Pier' summer variety show in the world.
And, if advance bookings are anything to go by, this year will see a high demand for tickets.
The show is famous for its fabulous mix of talent, colourful costumes, dancers, stunning sets, lights and music.
And it's now recognised nationally as an incubator for talent with many of today's stars having trod the boards of the famous Pavilion Theatre. Former stand-outs include Bradley Walsh, 2013 Britain's Got Talent finalist ventriloquist Steve Hewlett, and 2014 BGT finalist comedy impressionist Danny Posthill.
Returning as top of the bill for a second year is comedian Phil Butler, who also appeared in the 1998 and '99 shows.
His stage skills include magic, juggling and ventriloquism, and he has headlined many of the UK's leading comedy clubs.
Also returning for a second summer season is comedy juggler, James Bustar, who has appeared on Australia's Got Talent and is now a headline act at performances and festivals across the globe.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 5 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 6 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 9 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
Meanwhile, making his first appearance at the Pavilion Theatre is comedian Joey Howard whose one-man show includes comedy sketches, musical routines and impressions.
Female lead vocalist Emily Yarrow returns for her second summer season. And, while male lead vocalist Lee Bright is making his first appearance in the Cromer Pier, he is no stranger to Norfolk having appeared in the Thursford Christmas Spectacular.
No variety show would be complete without its dancers and the Seaside Special Dancers will be displaying their talents in all forms of dance from tap to ballet.
Di Cooke, who returns for another year as director and choreographer, said: 'It will be part celebration of 40 years of what is now the only 'End-of-the-Pier' summer variety show in the world and as such will give audiences an all-round variety show experience.'
The Cromer Pier Show (also known as the Seaside Special) opens on Saturday, June 24 (Show 1) and runs to Saturday, September 23.
The show will be launched at the pier at 11am on Thursday, June 15.
Tickets from the box-office in person, or by phone 01263 512495 or online at www.cromerpier.co.uk