READER LETTER: ‘It has been a wonderful and busy year as chairman’
- Credit: Archant
May 30 was my last day as chairman of north Norfolk, when I become unfrocked.
It has been a huge privilege to serve the people of our marvellous county which my partner Ros, and I have tried every trick to promote. From Buckingham Palace last June to the past three weeks it has been an unrelenting tour of all that is good.
My fellow 'chains' from King's Lynn through to Yarmouth including Broadland, Breckland, South Norfolk and all our local mayors work incessantly for the common good of Norfolk and I am extremely proud of them.
My last reception was at the Mo Museum at Sheringham which is a must do for all families, a super evening, followed by four events on Cromer Pier.
National Blue flag Day was one to be particularly proud of with our six awards.
Of course we held the Antique Road Show where I must say a big thank you for our hard working team from North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) who lifted, shifted, painted and repaired until late the previous evening.
Then to the opening night of Sister Act, the best production for years at the pier theatre and my last official function.
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 8 'Busiest November ever' - Shops and pubs in north Norfolk prepare for Christmas
- 9 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 10 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
It has been a wonderful, very busy year and I feel so proud to be a north Norfolk man.
Who would live elsewhere?
Ex chairman NNDC