READER LETTER: ‘It has been a wonderful and busy year as chairman’
- Credit: Archant
May 30 was my last day as chairman of north Norfolk, when I become unfrocked.
It has been a huge privilege to serve the people of our marvellous county which my partner Ros, and I have tried every trick to promote. From Buckingham Palace last June to the past three weeks it has been an unrelenting tour of all that is good.
My fellow 'chains' from King's Lynn through to Yarmouth including Broadland, Breckland, South Norfolk and all our local mayors work incessantly for the common good of Norfolk and I am extremely proud of them.
My last reception was at the Mo Museum at Sheringham which is a must do for all families, a super evening, followed by four events on Cromer Pier.
National Blue flag Day was one to be particularly proud of with our six awards.
You may also want to watch:
Of course we held the Antique Road Show where I must say a big thank you for our hard working team from North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) who lifted, shifted, painted and repaired until late the previous evening.
Then to the opening night of Sister Act, the best production for years at the pier theatre and my last official function.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
It has been a wonderful, very busy year and I feel so proud to be a north Norfolk man.
Who would live elsewhere?
Ex chairman NNDC