International visitors for Sheringham Golf Club
International golfers have paid a visit to Sheringham.
Women from Sheringham Golf Club were treated to a day of advice and encouragement from two England international golfers.
In September 2010 the club hosted the Senior Ladies Home International, an Amateur National Championship between England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. This provided the Sheringham Ladies with a rare opportunity to be involved in golf at this level.
Last week ladies' captain, Tess Wright, welcomed two of the winning England team, Janet Melville and Jo Ashmore, who returned to guide the Sheringham Ladies during a charity day.
The two played one or two holes with every group of players and then answered questions advising on fitness, diet, and practice.
You may also want to watch:
A cheque for �125 was handed over to the two international golfers and will be donated to the EWGA Trust Which supports young talented golfers.
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 5 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74