International visitors for Sheringham Golf Club
International golfers have paid a visit to Sheringham.
Women from Sheringham Golf Club were treated to a day of advice and encouragement from two England international golfers.
In September 2010 the club hosted the Senior Ladies Home International, an Amateur National Championship between England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. This provided the Sheringham Ladies with a rare opportunity to be involved in golf at this level.
Last week ladies' captain, Tess Wright, welcomed two of the winning England team, Janet Melville and Jo Ashmore, who returned to guide the Sheringham Ladies during a charity day.
The two played one or two holes with every group of players and then answered questions advising on fitness, diet, and practice.
You may also want to watch:
A cheque for �125 was handed over to the two international golfers and will be donated to the EWGA Trust Which supports young talented golfers.
- 1 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 2 'The British are very hardy' - North Norfolk's hospitality sector reopens
- 3 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 4 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended
- 5 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
- 6 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 7 Wood engraving artist and children's writer dies following long illness
- 8 Cold snap! Coldest April overnight temperatures in eight years recorded
- 9 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening