International visitors for Sheringham Golf Club
International golfers have paid a visit to Sheringham.
Women from Sheringham Golf Club were treated to a day of advice and encouragement from two England international golfers.
In September 2010 the club hosted the Senior Ladies Home International, an Amateur National Championship between England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. This provided the Sheringham Ladies with a rare opportunity to be involved in golf at this level.
Last week ladies' captain, Tess Wright, welcomed two of the winning England team, Janet Melville and Jo Ashmore, who returned to guide the Sheringham Ladies during a charity day.
The two played one or two holes with every group of players and then answered questions advising on fitness, diet, and practice.
You may also want to watch:
A cheque for �125 was handed over to the two international golfers and will be donated to the EWGA Trust Which supports young talented golfers.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Dream Lodge bosses face trial for wrongful trading
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 'Little morsels of heaven' - Why Heydon Tea Rooms is a must-visit for cake lovers
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road