Images of fabulous flora on show in Sheringham
- Credit: PETAR SABOL
Stunning images of plants and flowers are to go on show at the National Trust’s Sheringham Park.
More than 40 pictures celebrating gardens and plants from across the globe will be part of the International Garden Photographer of the Year exhibition from September 1 to October 31.
The exhibition features a wide range of subjects including wildlife, urban settings, abstract views as well as woods and forests – although always with plants as a focus.
The competition featured nine main categories including favourites such as The Beauty of Plants, Beautiful Gardens and Abstract Views and newly added category Plants and Planet.
A portion of the entry fees were donated to the international forestry group WeForest to plant new trees.
You may also want to watch:
The park hosted a similar exhibition in 2019, which received positive feedback from visitors including: "The photos showed how many ways there are to appreciate gardens – wide-ranging views, tiny details and nearly abstract representation".
Entry to the exhibition is free.
- 1 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Delays expected on A149 due to roadworks
- 9 'The ultimate challenge' - The man building a boat to beat a world record
- 10 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic