Images of fabulous flora on show in Sheringham
- Credit: PETAR SABOL
Stunning images of plants and flowers are to go on show at the National Trust’s Sheringham Park.
More than 40 pictures celebrating gardens and plants from across the globe will be part of the International Garden Photographer of the Year exhibition from September 1 to October 31.
The exhibition features a wide range of subjects including wildlife, urban settings, abstract views as well as woods and forests – although always with plants as a focus.
The competition featured nine main categories including favourites such as The Beauty of Plants, Beautiful Gardens and Abstract Views and newly added category Plants and Planet.
A portion of the entry fees were donated to the international forestry group WeForest to plant new trees.
The park hosted a similar exhibition in 2019, which received positive feedback from visitors including: "The photos showed how many ways there are to appreciate gardens – wide-ranging views, tiny details and nearly abstract representation".
Entry to the exhibition is free.
- 1 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 2 New boss hopes to put his own stamp on Sheringham cafe
- 3 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 4 Broads homes plan branded 'absolute insanity' gets approval
- 5 Swap shop for women's clothing opens in Cromer
- 6 'Wild Church' events to start on north Norfolk coast
- 7 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 8 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 9 Lily, 13, 'excited' as first novel hits book shops
- 10 Should it stay or should it go? Concerns for fate of town's hare sculpture