In pictures: History, Hollywood and more at Holkham
The Holkham Estate is one of the Norfolk's most famous country parks.
Nestled on the north Norfolk coast, the estate consists of 25,000 acres of land, an 18th century Palladian Hall and of course the famous Holkham beach which provides some of the Norfolk's biggest skies and has been used as a filming location for both TV series and Hollywood films.
But away from the panoramic views, the Holkham estate is a hive of activity providing hundreds of people with employment and providing a home to the to the Earl and Countess of Leicester and their four children.
Here we look at photographs of the country park, which show there is far more to the Holkham Estate than its breathtaking views and stunning scenery.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 8 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 9 Rare melanistic seal pups caught on camera
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk