Illegal parking targeted in Aylsham
Ed FossMore than 50 motorists have been dealt with by police in and around Aylsham for parking illegally outside schools.Officers from the town's safer neighbourhood team gave verbal warnings to motorists parking on double yellow lines, close to junctions, on junctions, on yellow hatchings and on time restricted single yellow lines over the past five weeks.Ed Foss
More than 50 motorists have been dealt with by police in and around Aylsham for parking illegally outside schools.
Officers from the town's safer neighbourhood team gave verbal warnings to motorists parking on double yellow lines, close to junctions, on junctions, on yellow hatchings and on time restricted single yellow lines over the past five weeks.
In total 55 drivers were warned for illegal and inconsiderate parking, several warnings were given to motorists for seat belt offences along with one �30 fine.
PCSO Tracey Frost said: 'We have received positive feedback from parents, carers, residents and staff about the five week initiative we carried out.
You may also want to watch:
'The main intention was to educate drivers of the dangers of parking illegally and dangerously on the roads particularly outside the schools.
'We warned many motorists and suggested alternative parking areas to improve the safety of pupils attending school and prevent congestion on the roads.'
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 6 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
Officers will continue to carry out checks and monitor the situation.
The initiative was carried out in Aylsham at the John of Gaunt, Bure Valley and St Michael's schools.
And it also ran at Coltishall, Hevingham and Buxton primary schools.
t Contact Aylsham safer neighbourhood team on 0845 4564567.