Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of homes across three areas of Norfolk are without power this morning after an overhead line fault.
The problem, which was first reported at 7.11am on Friday, January 15, has left 324 homes and businesses without electricity across seven different postcodes.
Areas affected include Norwich, Wells, Little Massingham, Great Massingham, Litcham, Castle Acre and Necton.
UK Power Networks has apologised for any disruption, it said: "We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area.
You may also want to watch:
"To get everyone’s power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. We’ll continue to update you until everyone’s power is back on."
Engineers were sent to the site of the problem at 7.22am and arrived just after 8am.
- 1 Have your say - should north Norfolk be able to ease restrictions sooner?
- 2 Holkham Estate hiring warden - with tasks to include nudist beach patrol
- 3 Plans show how old former care home site could become housing
- 4 Cromer Pier to re-open to the public from next month
- 5 Bid to knock down care home and build houses rejected
- 6 School to test 150 pupils for Covid a day during March re-opening
- 7 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
- 8 WATCH: Teenage girls fined after setting fire to public toilet
- 9 Seafront Bath House homes for sale again after price drop
- 10 Warning over scam 'Aviva' automated cold calls
The team expects the power to be returned to customers by 9.30am.
The full list of postcodes affected include; NR2 3, NR21 0, NR22 6, NR23 1, PE30 3, and PE32 2.