Huckerby shares stage with high-flying students at Cromer High awards event
A flying winger was joined by scores of high-flying winners as former Norwich City star Darren Huckerby handed out the prizes at Cromer High School's annual awards evening.
Last year's year 11 students were joined by parents, staff, special guests and current pupils for the event at the school's sports hall on the evening of Thursday November 25.
In his address the headteacher, Glyn Hambling, spoke of the continuing learning journey on which the young people were embarking and acknowledged the outstanding efforts they had made to enable them to celebrate success on such a wonderful evening.
The results posted by the students in 2010 were a record for the school.
Mr Hambling said: 'A great evening was had by all who attended. It was the culmination of hard work and the tremendous partnerships established between staff, students and their families.
You may also want to watch:
'All associated with Cromer High are extremely proud of the achievements of the class of 2010 and I wish them every success in their future.'
After presenting the prizes, Huckerby took questions from the audience.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 8 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines
He was then thanked by the school's house captains, who said the school would be holding a mufti day, with all proceeds to be donated to the Darren Huckerby Trust to further its support for local charities, community projects and individuals.