How to get a toilet in a flower arrangement - Ask ladies at Sloley church flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Can you guess the occupation this flower arranger is alluding to with her display?
The Sloley church flower festival in north Norfolk, in aid of church funds, runs today and tomorrow, from 10am to 4pm.
One of the arrangers, Joan Matthews said: 'The theme of the festival is What's my Line? and there are some beautiful designs carried out.
'It is surprising to what lengths some of us go to obtain the right prop for our displays.
'I wanted a toilet for my own display - as my husband Tom used to be a plumber - and I caused amusement by walking into Pipedreams in North Walsham and saying, 'I have come to beg, borrow or steal' and the proprietor saying, 'Oh, Yes. What do you want? 'I was expecting a definite no to my request but Stan Hawkes, the director of the business, obligingly said: 'When do you want it?', when I asked to borrow a toilet and even agreed to deliver it to the church.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 Sunday market draws thousands to town
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 8 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 9 Stately home concert in honour of late owner, Lord Walpole
- 10 'Hovering ship' seen off north Norfolk coast