How to get a toilet in a flower arrangement - Ask ladies at Sloley church flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Can you guess the occupation this flower arranger is alluding to with her display?
The Sloley church flower festival in north Norfolk, in aid of church funds, runs today and tomorrow, from 10am to 4pm.
One of the arrangers, Joan Matthews said: 'The theme of the festival is What's my Line? and there are some beautiful designs carried out.
'It is surprising to what lengths some of us go to obtain the right prop for our displays.
'I wanted a toilet for my own display - as my husband Tom used to be a plumber - and I caused amusement by walking into Pipedreams in North Walsham and saying, 'I have come to beg, borrow or steal' and the proprietor saying, 'Oh, Yes. What do you want? 'I was expecting a definite no to my request but Stan Hawkes, the director of the business, obligingly said: 'When do you want it?', when I asked to borrow a toilet and even agreed to deliver it to the church.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 10 Kenneth Branagh films scenes as Boris Johnson in Norfolk for Sky drama