How to get a toilet in a flower arrangement - Ask ladies at Sloley church flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Can you guess the occupation this flower arranger is alluding to with her display?
The Sloley church flower festival in north Norfolk, in aid of church funds, runs today and tomorrow, from 10am to 4pm.
One of the arrangers, Joan Matthews said: 'The theme of the festival is What's my Line? and there are some beautiful designs carried out.
'It is surprising to what lengths some of us go to obtain the right prop for our displays.
'I wanted a toilet for my own display - as my husband Tom used to be a plumber - and I caused amusement by walking into Pipedreams in North Walsham and saying, 'I have come to beg, borrow or steal' and the proprietor saying, 'Oh, Yes. What do you want? 'I was expecting a definite no to my request but Stan Hawkes, the director of the business, obligingly said: 'When do you want it?', when I asked to borrow a toilet and even agreed to deliver it to the church.'
- 1 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 2 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 3 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 8 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Wind farm decision due in days
- 10 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death