Charity event set to light up the Norfolk Broads
- Credit: Archant
A charity event promises to light up the Broads and raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Nook appeal.
Jessica's Wish Back at the Broads will run from 10am to 4pm on Saturday, June 22 at Hoveton Playing Fields.
Organiser Susan Goreham said: "We're coming back to continue to raise funds for EACH. There will be food stalls, a bar, live music, craft and gift stalls. There will also be an inflatable zone, birds of prey, a vehicle display, 466th Bomb Group, Twirlesque Majorettes, and war re-enactment groups.
"Entrance is £1.50 per adult, with children free."
Susan and Robert Goreham started fundraising in 2014 in memory of their daughter who was stillborn in 2006. The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital did not have a cuddle cot at the time and they had limited time with their baby.
Mrs Goreham said: "No other parent should have to spend so little time with their departed babies."
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 Duncan Baker MP 'welcomes' investigation into alleged Christmas party
- 10 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'