Charity event set to light up the Norfolk Broads
- Credit: Archant
A charity event promises to light up the Broads and raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Nook appeal.
Jessica's Wish Back at the Broads will run from 10am to 4pm on Saturday, June 22 at Hoveton Playing Fields.
Organiser Susan Goreham said: "We're coming back to continue to raise funds for EACH. There will be food stalls, a bar, live music, craft and gift stalls. There will also be an inflatable zone, birds of prey, a vehicle display, 466th Bomb Group, Twirlesque Majorettes, and war re-enactment groups.
"Entrance is £1.50 per adult, with children free."
Susan and Robert Goreham started fundraising in 2014 in memory of their daughter who was stillborn in 2006. The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital did not have a cuddle cot at the time and they had limited time with their baby.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Goreham said: "No other parent should have to spend so little time with their departed babies."
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 6 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 7 Trees planted as part of community project
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months