Charity event set to light up the Norfolk Broads
- Credit: Archant
A charity event promises to light up the Broads and raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Nook appeal.
Jessica's Wish Back at the Broads will run from 10am to 4pm on Saturday, June 22 at Hoveton Playing Fields.
Organiser Susan Goreham said: "We're coming back to continue to raise funds for EACH. There will be food stalls, a bar, live music, craft and gift stalls. There will also be an inflatable zone, birds of prey, a vehicle display, 466th Bomb Group, Twirlesque Majorettes, and war re-enactment groups.
"Entrance is £1.50 per adult, with children free."
Susan and Robert Goreham started fundraising in 2014 in memory of their daughter who was stillborn in 2006. The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital did not have a cuddle cot at the time and they had limited time with their baby.
Mrs Goreham said: "No other parent should have to spend so little time with their departed babies."
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 4 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 5 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Obituary: Blacksmith who began career in abandoned cowshed dies at 74